The Village Hall



A meeting place for everyone - an asset for the village and beyond

The village hall has been refurbished during recent years and has double-glazing, new chairs and a new loop system.  It is a registered charity, but both regular and casual bookings bring in much-needed income.  Special fundraising events for the whole community are held regularly.  The village hall has a president and a committee made up of members from all the organisations which use the hall, such as the Garden Guild, WI, Parish Council and Parochial Church Council.

Haughton Village Hall


The award-winning hall has:


The hall is an ideal venue for parties, wedding receptions, conferences or meetings.


Haughton Village Hall is situated on the A518 Stafford to Newport road.  It is 5 miles from Stafford Station and approximately 8 miles from Junctions 13 and 14  of the M6


How to find the hall


See below for hire charges




Booking Form


Booking Clerk - 07908571599




To make a direct online booking visit:


Haughton Village Hall, Newport Road, Haughton, ST18 9HB

Haughton Village Hall

is a Registered Charity

No. 503191

Hire Charges


All bookings include use of the Lincat boiler, fridge, kettles, cutlery and crockery

Casual or Occasional Booking

i.e. Children’s or Adults’ Parties

£15 per hour

Regular Bookings


£12 per hour

Weekend Bookings

(5pm Friday - Midday Sunday)

£350 - includes all additional charges

Additional Charges

Use of ovens and warming cabinets


Electricity supply for bouncy castles


Electricity supply for bar bookings

£10 per session

The main hall, decorated for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Supper Dance - June 2012

Two views of the kitchen - available to hire with the main hall

Left:  The bar before refurbishment   Right:  The bar after refurbishment


For details of how to hire the bar please see the Booking Form

The History of the Hall


The Village Hall was built in 1956 as a replacement for the Village Institute.  The Institute, a tin building, and formerly the laundry of Yarlet School, was erected in Park Lane in 1909.  It was demolished in 1999.  In 1952 Captain Charles Fletcher-Twemlow donated land for a new village hall.  The people of the village raised almost £4000 for the construction of the new building.  Clay and Sons built the Village Hall, but volunteers helped with clearance, drainage, car park layout and decoration.  The Hall was opened on 26th January 1957.  It has since been extended to include a permanent stage.

The Hall on Olympic Torch Relay Day - May 30th 2012

Haughton Village Hall - regular activities


What’s On at Haughton Village Hall


(from January 2022)


Haughton Village Hall 60th Anniversary


Haughton Village Hall’s 60th anniversary celebration was held in the hall on Saturday 28th January 2017.  Many past and present committee members attended.  Refreshments were provided, with entertainment from Lea Hall Brass Band (formerly Rugeley Power Station Brass Band).                                                                                    Anniversary images by Peter Lawrence  

The main hall, decorated for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Picnic - June 2022